ALASKA BOUND

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Homer, for the 4th weekend.


July 4, 2011 HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!

No new info to blog about, things in Homer are pretty much the same as last year. (If your interested look back on old blog) Homer is mainly fishermen/persons and focus is on halibut. A cruise ship was in Friday when we arrived, so things were quite busy. Just like Nassau/BAH when the tourists arrive. Buzzing with the cruisers! Homer has a beautiful view of the mountains, surrounded on the west of Kachemak Bay by snow covered mountains, volcanoes and eastward a ridge dotted with homes. Great fishin, with beautiful sights.

 Our ‘seasoned road warriors’ have enjoyed the shopping, and watching the tide move in and out. A treat was beach combing and even getting in the water for a bit. Water is cold, so they didn’t stay long, fired up warm water to rinse them off, rinse and dry clothes on rocks in sun. Funny how good a natural drying process works when necessary.

As usual I am enthralled by all flora in Alaska, as well as fauna. The Lupines line the road, colors brilliant, Rhubarb is huge (better than ours in NY was), Devils Club is chin high, Cow Parsnip is 5-6 feet, and any and all growth is luscious. Fireweed is not visible, hope we don’t miss blooming this year.
Sunset has been about 11:30 and Sunrise before 3AM. So anything in error has to be sleep deprivation related.

ZJ 7/4/11 5A.M. the alarm was ringing. My grandfather and I get up and get ready to go on the charter boat. We drive to a peer to figure out that it was the wrong one so we had to walk another 10 min. to get to the charter boat. 

Once we finally get on it was a 2 hour ride to get to the first fishing spot. We had a 2 pound weight and we dropped the line in and it was going fast and it took 5 minutes to hit the bottom of the ocean floor. The water was 190 feet deep. I felt little nibbles so I decided to check my bait. It felt like fore ever when I was reeling it in. When I reeled it in I had no bait. I got bait and dropped my line again caught nothing. 15 minutes went by the same thing. Everybody but me and my grandfather caught a fish. The next spot we went to the next spot. I dropped my line in o got a bite and so did the 4 people next to me. When we all reeled up my fish swam around 4 other peoples lines. Hmmm no wonder why it was so easy to reel in. after that we caught 7 more, but we where only allowed to keep 4. I caught the biggest fish on the boat!!!


KC-My Trip to Alaska


7/5/11
          LAUNDRY DAY! (a day early) Anyway lets get to more interesting conversations. And if you found my cousins blog entry interesting then you must be a fish finatic! But that’s not a bad thing………………………unless you find his stories better then mine! JUST KIDING!!!!!! But lets get to the point………this trip so far for me has been so much FUN!!! I’ve been reading a lot while my cousin goofs off and goes fishing…but I don’t care because I am loving this (oh and if u have any grand children or are a parent and has a child in 6th grade I recommend this book to them……its called “The Red Pyramid”) But other then that if you haven’t been looking at the picture collages then you should because the mountains are beautiful. Well I didn’t have much to say today im sorry for that, but I at least hope you found me to be funny……umm i'll keep writing only if you keep reading this (i am going to start giving saying random quotes, see if you can relate to them) My quote of the day is
“I have found the Paradox; that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more LOVE”
-Mother Theresa (what does it mean to you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment